REGISTRATION FOR MARYLAND IS NOW OPEN!
The Patient Registry is now open. Any Maryland resident whose provider approves medical cannabis as a treatment option for a qualifying medical condition is eligible to register with the MMCC as a patient. Any non-Maryland resident currently living in Maryland for the purpose of receiving medical treatment is eligible to register as a patient, as well. During registration, non-Maryland patients will be required to provide the address of and a contact name for the Maryland medical facility where the patient is receiving treatment. Qualifying medical conditions include cachexia, anorexia, wasting syndrome, chronic or severe pain, severe nausea, seizures, severe or persistent muscle spasms, glaucoma, and post-traumatic stress disorder.
MARYLAND MEDICAL CANNABIS PATIENT REGISTRATION
STEPS TO OBTAIN A PATIENT ID CARD:
Submit an online Patient application on Onestop.md.gov and purchase an ID Card for a fee of $25* Wait to receive approval from MMCC and your MMCC-issued ID Number.
Wait to receive approval from MMCC and your MMCC-issued ID Number.
Obtain a valid written certification from a Physician registered with MMCC.
*Be sure to have your credit or debit card available for payment. Your Patient ID Card will be mailed to you. It is required to buy the card; however, a valid government issued ID with a photo can be shown at the store, confirming the patient’s identity.
- ONLY THE MARYLAND MEDICAL CANNABIS COMMISSION (MMCC) ISSUES ID CARDS
- NO OTHER ENTITY IS AUTHORIZED TO ISSUE
- MARYLAND MEDICAL CANNABIS ID CARDS
- DO NOT BE A VICTIM OF FRAUD
PHOTO REQUIREMENTS FOR REGISTRATION
If your photo does not meet the stated guidelines, your application will be returned.
In general, your photo must look like a passport or driver’s license photo. Specifically, it must adhere to the following requirements:
- Must be a clear, color photograph of the head and shoulders
- Must be an image file (.jpg, .png or .gif) no larger than 3 MB in size
- Sized to 2 x 2 inches with dimensions in a square aspect ratio; minimum acceptable dimensions are 600 x 600 pixels, maximum acceptable dimensions are 1200 x 1200 pixels
- Scanned at a resolution of 300 pixels per inch
- Taken within the last six months to reflect your current appearance
- Taken in front of a plain white or off-white background
- Taken in full-face view directly facing the camera with nothing obscuring the face, such as a hat or sunglasses
- Taken with a neutral facial expression (preferred) or a natural smile, and with both eyes open
- Photo may not be digitally enhanced or altered to change your appearance in any way
*For more examples of acceptable and unacceptable photos, visit the Passport Photos page of the US Department of State website. NOTE: Please do not use the photo cropping tool on the Passport Photos page; simply view the photos provided as samples of what is and is not acceptable.